Most worryingly of all, 64% said they don’t feel confident disclosing such problems to their employers. And 20% won’t talk to anyone at all.
Teachers work amidst funding challenges and diminishing resources in their organisations, policy changes placing increased demands on workload, growing class sizes and staff shortages. Not enough people are applying to become teachers, whilst thousands of experienced teachers are leaving the profession every year*.
But there is hope. Every day we work with inspiring teachers who focus on, and improve, their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
With your help Education Support Partnership wants to:
• recognise teachers for the enormous positive impact they have on their students
• raise awareness of the pressures teachers are experiencing and to encourage a climate of openness around the issues
• encourage individual teachers to put their own wellbeing first and to talk us if they’re experiencing any symptoms
What can you do?
Please share the following with the teachers in your life:
• Videos of comedians supporting teachers
• Free resources about our helpline
• Your messages of support using #laughorcry